On your Android phone or tablet, it is simple to enable or disable location tracking functionality. You will find the instructions for disabling location tracking on an Android phone further down in this article.
Location Tracking on Android Phone and Tablet
The very first time you setup an Android Phone, you will prompted to respond whether you would like to share your location data (“Do you want to share your location data”).
If you say “Yes” your Android Phone begins to track your location in order to provide you with location based services like Find your Device, Weather reports, Driving directions and others
If you prefer Privacy over convenient location based services, you can easily disable Location Tracking and prevent Android Phone from tracking your location.
Note: Google’s location tracking capabilities are especially advanced if you use an Android phone as it requires you to turn on Location Services to access useful features.
While a lot of Google services based on location tracking might be useful to you, it can also be a serious privacy concern. Plus, it also exhausts your battery much faster than is ideal. If you don’t want Google to track your location, you can disable the same on your Android or iOS phone or your computer, when you don’t need it. Read on to know more
1. How To Completely Disable Location Tracking On Android Phone
To completely stop your Android Phone from tracking your location, you will have to disable Location tracking at device level on your Android Phone.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Location.
2. On the location screen you will see an ON/OFF switch at the top right corner of your screen. Turn the switch to switch to OFF Position.
After this your Android phone will no longer track your location and Location information will be disabled for all Apps and services on your Android Phone.
2. How To Disable Location Services For Specific Apps on Android Phone
The other option is to enabling Location services only for essential Apps like Google Maps, while disabling Location services for all other unnecessary Apps.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Apps.
2. On the Apps screen, tap on the App for which you want to disable Location Tracking
3. On the App Info screen, tap on Permissions.
4. On the next screen, move the toggle next to Location to OFF position.
This will prevent the selected App from tracking your Location. Similarly, you can disable Location Services for all the unnecessary Apps on your Android Phone.
3. How to turn off Google’s ‘Location History’ setting
1. Go to the Settings app on your device and tap on “Google.”
2. Select the ‘Manage your Google Account’ option.
3. Once you are inside your account page, tap “Privacy & personalisation.”
4. In the Activity controls section, tap “Location History.”
5. Switch off Location History by swiping the button to the left.