Vaping is one habit that has become extremely popular in almost all the parts of the world. In the past few years people have had their say on this act some deeming it unhealthy. Many myths and stigma associated with vaping have created doubts and misconceptions in people’s minds. Giving a more reason why you need to know about Vaping before trying It out.
To those of you who don’t know what vaping is, Vaping is simply inhaling the gas or vapor from a vaping device usually an electric cigarette. E-Cigars ? one might ask. Yes! Electric Cigars, in the sense that they are powered by a battery. These battery-powered e-cigarettes heat the liquid, filled in the device, to produce aerosol commonly referred to as vapor for inhaling.
In other parts of the world, some people use coal to heat up the liquid. And of course more methods can be used to heat up liquid for inhaling. Today we stick to Vaping. A prerequisite to vaping is to how it is setup. And also it does not take long to understand that the vape coils constitute a critical element of the scenario.
It is the heart of the atomizer. Advanced technology has given vapors an infinite choice of vape coils. Choosing a perfect piece can be intimidating. However, understanding important facts about vape coils will make choosing them a breeze. Before we move on to the Elements, here are a few things you need to know about Vaping.
Vaping Is Attributed To Drugs
Yes! You may have heard about this already. Because of the inhalation and also how most people abuse this practice. Well if cigar isn’t drugs then why vaping? Most people see it as drugs clearly out of misinterpretation. More people mix up these liquids with their drugs, heat them up and inhale. But that’s not it’s original purpose. Vaping should be like smoking your cigar.
Vaping is a cost-effective way to smoke in the long run. Heavy cigarette smokers may already know that the tax on tobacco products is considerably high in many countries. Chain smokers may find it a burden on their pockets to sustain this habit. The initial cost of vaping devices may be high, but it is much affordable as they come with rechargeable batteries and e-liquid with moderate cost making it affordable way to smoke.
Nicotine is one constituent of the vaping liquid. It is highly addictive, and you can avoid it by getting Nicotine free e-liquids. Yes, there are e-liquids available that are nicotine-free. You can vape just with flavors without worrying about any addiction.
This is the case where you want to make sure you are getting no where near the abuse drugs. You can choose e-liquid that contains 0 mg of nicotine, and you are good to go. Non-smokers should not go for nicotine based-liquid to avoid any unnecessary addiction.
Even regular smokers who consumed nicotine in the past can keep a tab on how much nicotine they want as they can control the nicotine content in e-liquids.
Fun Flavors For Variety
I bet you didn’t know vaping liquids had flavors. Another reason why you should know about vaping. Yeah, To prevent the feel of having to try out the same liquid over and over again there are so many flavors you can choose from. You can choose from a variety of flavors- vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, watermelon, apple, etc. Smokers can go for salt nick and people looking for a strong throat hit can opt for tobacco and menthol flavors.
However, keep the following points in mind before buying e-liquid-
a) Do not Consume e-liquid containing Diacetyl b) Go for brands that have a higher ratio of Vegetable Glycerin instead of Propylene glycerin c) Go for Vape liquids that have child-resistant caps (CRCs) to keep them away from the reach of children.
You Can Use Vaping to consume medicinal herbs
Yes! Tell anyone I said so. Even in the early days, people used these traditional smoking methods to consume dry herbs such as cannabis – through a bong or by joints. Vaping has turned out to be a convenient and less harmful way of consuming herbs. Inhaling vapor is far less detrimental than inhaling smoke.
And when done the right way can be of a lot of benefit to you. Vaping is a better alternative to the traditional methods of delivering medication. It can replace the use of a hypodermic needle or oral consumption of some drugs.
Vaping allows the drugs to be absorbed directly into the bloodstream. Inhalable insulin is one of the recent developments in Inhalable Medications. Researchers and scientists are still learning about the long-term health impacts of vaping. There are various benefits of vaping. However, vaping may not be entirely safe but with responsible and moderate use you can enjoy this habit for the long term.
Vaping Devices Are Made Of Vape Coils
With this in mind, we cover some essential facts about vape coils here. Stay touted!
Foremost, let’s understand what a vape coil is.
Vape coils are also known as atomizer heads. It is actually the heating element between the battery and the e-liquid. The vape coils use the batteries to generate energy that heats up to a specified temperature and then heats the liquid to evaporate into luscious vapor. Without a vape coil, you cannot vape.
However, not all coils are compatible with all vaping devices. This is because Ohm’s law determines the compatibility of a coil to a vaping device. In simple terms, a higher wattage level needs a lower resistance level of the coil.
All vape coils are constructed from a coiled wire or a piece of mesh and the wicking material. They function similarly but differ in their building material, amount of wire coils inside, and the type and volume of wicking material.
Vape coils constitute the reusable component of a vape. Hence you need to change them every 2-4 weeks when you find the flavor and quantity of vapor degrading.
All You Need To Know About Vaping Coil
Materials used for constructing vape coils
Different types of vape coils are constructed from different materials, which decide its ramp-up time, flavors, and the mode in which you should use it. Let’s walk through a few leading materials used to make coils.
● Ceramic Ceramic is a porous material that facilitates excellent air passage. Offering a super-smooth draw, they tend to enhance the flavors. They are particularly suited for high wattages and are thus a preferred choice for high-powered mods. They also have higher longevity and prevent dry hits.
● Stainless steel It is another common material because of its excellent resistance to high temperature, durability, and longevity. It is a perfect choice with a 900 mah vape battery and is often used in beginner and advanced vape devices.
● Titanium It is expensive but preferred for its softness and malleability. It offers a clean and crisp vaping taste but can only be used in vapes with a temperature control function.
● Nickel Offering thin and pliable wires, it is also a temperature-control-only wire that is unsuitable for variable wattage and variable voltage. However, it’s an excellent choice for low resistance.
● Kanthal It is an alloy made by combining aluminium, iron, and chromium. It is an excellent choice for use in wattage modes with a superfast heat-up time and awesome vapor production.
Now let’s look at the types of coils these materials can create. Each provides a different vaping experience.
● Vertical coil It has a single wrap of wire around which the wicking material is wrapped such that the air moves through its center.
● Dual coil It is similar to vertical coils but has two wraps of coil wire placed adjacent to each other. Here, two elements heat your e-liquid to produce more vapor.
● Triple coil With three wires, it offers a bigger surface area to produce large amounts of vapor. They constitute the sub-ohm coils.
● Multiple coils With more than three wires, they offer a massive surface area. These coils use high power and yield massive clouds of vapor.
● Twisted coil Instead of adjacent placement, the multiple wires are braided before molded into a coil shape. Such coils offer fantastic flavors.
● Mesh coils Here, the wires do not form a coil but take the shape of a mesh with small holes. With a massive surface area, these are an ideal choice for optimum flavors.
● Net coils These are mesh coils with bigger holes and look like a fishing net. They offer excellent flavors and vapors.
Vape coils and resistance
The electrical resistance between two points of a conductor is measured in ohms. This measurement is crucial in a coil and impacts your vaping experience. With that in mind, coils are of two types:
● A sub-ohm coil These are coils with low resistance. They provide giant clouds, warmer vapors, and slightly drier hits. They use more batteries to heat your e-liquid to a higher temperature. Likewise, they use e-liquids much faster.
● A plus-ohm coil Such coils have high resistance, use battery judiciously, and produce a cooler and less vapor. As a result, they are safer as they keep the temperature low, minimizing the number of carcinogens produced.
Coils are an essential consideration when vaping. However, when understanding it, you must know that it does not offer clear black and white guidelines. They are essentially a matter of preference. This is a good way to know about Vaping You can only understand and nail the perfect piece by trial and error. Hence, be bold enough to experiment with different coils and vapes to experience its true delight.
Share your thoughts on this piece. Leave a comment below and share this article with your friends.